Gettings started on a new laptop (for me)
Other people claim they just run some box-starter script or a bunch of chocolatey installs and they're done.
I seem to have a lot more to get set up than they do. Here's a list for me:
- windows terminal
- get my utils folder in particular
- node (thus npm and chocolatey)
- Visual Studio Code
- Visual Studio >= 2019 (obviously this number will change over time)
- Paint.net (from app store)
- j (get list from other machines -- see
j uuuu; cd $env:computername)
- Pin relevant apps to task bar
- configure task bar to not show cortana, app store, edge, search bar, contacts, etc... what a bunch of crap!
- configure explorer to show file extensions, show hidden files, etc.
global npm packages
npm install -g markdownlint-cli