To have your gitbook updated whenever you push to a github repo
In gitbook, tell it which repository to use:
Tell it your github repository:
And to get the webhooks set up....
- Under "Integration" heading
- Next to the "Webhook URL" is a "copy to clipboard" button. Click it, to copy your webhook url.
Then click "Check Webhooks" -- this takes you to Github. Specifically it takes you to "Webhooks and Services" for your repo, i.e.
- Under "Webhooks" click "Add webhook"
- In "Payload URL" paste the "Webhook URL" from above.
- Content type -- leave as default (application/json)
- Secret -- leave .
- Which events -- leave as default (just the push event)
And click "Add Webhook"
Once that is working... when you push your repo... your book will update.
It might take a minute. If you go to your book while it is building, they show you a "building" message.
Your book is currently being updated, this can take up to a few minutes.