Getting started with electron
What is it?
Get started as easy as
# Clone the Quick Start repository > git clone https://github.com/atom/electron-quick-start # Go into the repository > cd electron-quick-start # Install the dependencies and run > npm install; npm start
Next, read the quick start tutorial...
[_] TODO: Wanted, examples of electron apps doing the following:
- creating a menu
- saving to local file system
- reading from local file system
- crash reporting
- calling a webservice (of any sort at all)
- obfuscation/IP protection.
- save/load "settings" (other than explicitly using dialogs)
Todo: watch this 9 min video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ojX5yz35v4M