Publishing onto the Windows Store
Start reading here:
- Sign in to the partner centre
- Dismiss whatever popups attack you.
- Sign up for a developer account to publish apps
- "A developer account lets you publish apps on all platforms" (i.e. Windows and XBox, and I guess Pocket PC, MSPhone and Zune too? ha ha ha.)
- Pick an Individual (AUD$21) or a Company (AUD$110) account type. (See fees in different areas) (Account types are discussed below)
- The price shown is a one-time registration fee and no renewal is required.
Show I register as a company or an individual?
I like to save money, but I don't want to miss out on capabilities I need.
It says that "Individual" lacks "advanced analytics and additional app capabilities."
Differences are described here
Per the Store Policies, apps with certain functionality, such as those that access financial account information or that require authentication to access primary functionality (without using a secure dedicated third party authentication provider), can only be published by company accounts.
From the Store Policies...
10.14 Account Type — If a reasonable consumer would interpret your publisher account name to be that of a business entity, you must publish from a company account type, not an individual account type
10.8.3 — If your product requires financial account infot
If someone elses product violates your trademarks of copyright, the process is described here.