10 configuration changes to make on a new windows computer
- Explorer - folder view - show file extensions.
- Explorer - folder view - show hidden files.
- Dark Mode
Taskbar: remove unwanted Microsoft stuff
- Remove microsoft promotional items from taskbar
- Task view
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Store
- Show Contacts
(Some people worked very hard to make these. I mean them no disrespect. What did not happen: customers asked very often for these. Or not this customer at any rate.)
Taskbar: Combine taskbar buttons - Never
- (This setting is broken/missing in windows 11 for now.)
- Enable hibernates on lid close
- if plugged in, Don't sleep on lid closed
Multiple monitors setup
- Mouse - Pointer Options - Show location of pointer when I press the Ctrl Key
- Mouse - Pointer Options - Display pointer trails (and utility to turn this back on if someone has turned it off)
- Display options - Arrange your monitors
- Turn off indexing. Good or bad i'm not sure.
What's one insignificant setting change you make on every Windows PC you use?
For me, I always turn on pointer shadows.
(And see responses too)