Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath
- Simple (core) (simple and profound, proverb like) the commanders intent. The lede. Compact.
- Unexpected- surprising interesting violate expectation counter-intuitive make people curios
- Concreteness - not abstract, specific, may use concrete metaphors/examples
- Credible - can test for yourself, backed with guarantees, authority
- Emotions - people must care. An individual over a statistic. Many emotions to choose from: fear resentment compassion disgust
2 step plan.
Step 1: find the core. Step 2: Translate the core using the success checklist.
Illustrate the core by saying how it beats adjacent priorities. Eg if you've found the best chicken salad in the world I don't care about it if it interferes with our need to be the best low cost airline.