Send to End Macro...
I often want to grab some text -- send it to the end (or the top!) of the file, without losing my place in the file.
It's more specific than that... I want to grab a "todo" item, make it as "brought forward" and paste it at the end of the document. (Without losing my place!)
To achieve this, I use the bookmark and the macro feature, and record a macro called "Send to End", with keystroke "Ctrl-Shift-D" -- and it does these steps:
- Macro: Start Recording
- copies the currently selected text.
- replaces [ space ] with [ v ].
- Set book mark (with 'Toggle BOOK MARK (Ctrl F2)')
- moves to end of document.
- Press Enter
- returns to previus bookmark (with Shift F2)
- Clear book mark (with 'Toggle BOOK MARK (Ctrl F2)')
- Macro: Stop Recording.
- Save current recorded macro.
- Name it "SendToEnd" and apply shortcut Ctrl Shift D.)